If you’re not using Windows 10 Mail app lately, it’s possible your account settings are out of date. This will cause a number of issues with the app, including confusion about where emails have been sent when they’ve actually been deleted or archived in Outlook.
The “your version of mail is out of date windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
This page was last updated on November 17, 2021.
Publish date: August 2020
- Many people all across the globe have selected the built-in Mail app in Windows 10.
- Users have reported that their Windows 10 Mail account settings are out of date, and we’ll look at how to fix it in this post.
- For more similar solutions, be sure to visit our Windows 10 Hub.
- Don’t forget to bookmark our Fix Hub if you’re seeking for further information.
Are you fed up with email problems? Get rid of them using this email client!
Do you have issues with your email client or account? We have the ideal email client for you, one that will consolidate all of your email accounts and allow you to access your critical data without any problems. You may now accomplish the following:
- In a single inbox, you can manage all of your emails.
- Popular applications are simple to incorporate (Facebook, Todoist, LinkedIn, Dropbox, etc.)
- All of your contacts are accessible from an one location.
- Errors and lost email data may be eliminated.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
In this day and age, email is the primary means of communication, and some users prefer to send emails using the Universal Mail App that comes with Windows 10.
Unfortunately, it seems that the Mail App is having some troubles, and some users are seeing the error message. Your account settings haven’t been updated in a long time.
Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date before attempting to resolve this issue.
When it comes to these kinds of problems, Microsoft normally addresses them with a Windows update, so if you’re having trouble, check for updates, upgrade Windows 10, and see whether the problem remains.
If the problem continues, try one of the options below.
How can I repair Windows 10 Mail’s out-of-date account?
- Use a different email client.
- Reinstall the software and rename the folder in which it is stored.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall for the time being.
- Switch to a local account
- Uncheck the box. synchronize with a time server over the internet
- Run SFC
- Run the Troubleshooter for Windows 10
1. Switch to a different email client
Consider switching to a third-party email client before attempting any of the aforementioned methods.
Although Windows Mail is a decent software in general, if you are experiencing frequent issues, you might consider switching to a third-party email client.
Multiple email accounts from all major email providers are supported by a number of decent alternatives.
Furthermore, third-party email applications often provide more complex features that assist you in staying organized and keeping up with your inbox.
Advanced filtering capabilities and a comprehensive range of sorting functions are available in productivity email clients, allowing you to simply browse from one inbox to another in just one window.
2. Reinstall the software and rename the folder in which it is stored.
- In the search box, type PowerShell.
- Run as administrator by right-clicking the PowerShell icon.
- Type the following command in the prompt:
- Remove-AppxPackage | Get-AppxPackage | Where-Object -Property Name -eq’microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps’
- Your computer should be restarted.
- Then, locate and rename percent LOCALAPPDATA percent Comms.
- Go to the Microsoft Store now.
- Reinstall the Mail program after that.
3. Turn off your antivirus and firewall for the time being.
Some of your apps may be blocked by your security solutions. Most antivirus and firewall programs may cause problems with your email app, and turning them off may be the solution. Once you’ve resolved the issue, remember to re-enable your security tools.
Fortunately, there are various antivirus options that do not create this problem. Antivirus software should not interfere with your computer’s other functions.
A solid threat database, real-time security solutions, and extra privacy features like built-in VPNs should all be included in the best antivirus software for your PC.
4. Change your account to a local one.
- Select Accounts from the Settings menu.
- Instead, choose Sign in with a Local Account.
- Start the Mail App by logging in using your local account.
- Go to Settings in the Mail App and choose Accounts.
- Click Delete Account once you’ve found your email account.
- Return to your Microsoft account.
- Select Accounts from the Settings menu.
- After that, sign in using your Microsoft Account.
Note: Once you’ve joined in using your Microsoft account, your email account should be instantly added to the Mail app and should operate without issue.
5. Remove the check mark from the option synchronize with a time server over the internet
- Go to Start and type control panel in the search box.
- Then, to access Control Panel, double-click the first result.
- Select Data & Time from Clock, Language & Region.
- Select Change settings from the Internet time tab.
- Uncheck the box. Sync with a time server on the internet.
- Click the OK button.
6. Perform an SFC scan
- CMD can be found by going to Start and typing cmd.
- After that, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Properties.
- Choose the option to run as an administrator.
- Now enter sfc /scannow at the command prompt.
- Your computer should be restarted. On restarting, all corrupted files will be replaced.
Note: Before you begin, make a backup of your Registry in case anything goes wrong. You’ll be able to restore a functional version of Windows in this method.
7. Run the Troubleshooter for Windows 10
- Select Update & Security from the Settings menu.
- Select Windows Store Apps from the Troubleshoot menu.
We hope the methods suggested above were helpful in resolving this issue. Let us know if you have any other ideas on how to repair this problem message in Windows 10 in the comments section below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “what does it mean when it says your email account settings are out of date” is a message that appears in the Windows 10 Mail app. The issue can be fixed by updating the account settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Outlook keep saying my settings are out of date?
A: This might be happening because your email service provider has changed some settings. Another possibility is if youre using a Microsoft Account, thats not syncing with the Outlook app on your phone or tablet and it may need to be re-registered in order for the account changes to take effect.
How do I fix the Mail app in Windows 10?
A: You can try running the troubleshooter. The following steps will help you do this
-Press Windows key + I to open your settings menu
-Click on Update & Security and then Troubleshooting.
-In Advanced options, click Run the troubleshooter
Why does Microsoft keep telling me my account needs fixing?
A: Microsoft is telling you this because they think there might be an issue with your account. This could happen if someone else has stolen your password and created a new account in the same name, or if you are trying to access something that does not belong to them. They suggest contacting Xbox Customer Support for assistance with this matter.
- windows 10 mail keeps asking to fix account
- windows 10 mail password problems
- why does it say my gmail account settings are out of date
- your icloud account settings are out of date
- your aol account settings are out of date