This article will tell you how to operate the Shock Pulse tester, which is a device that can test your phone’s resistance against shocks.
The shock pulse measurement is a process that is used to measure the resistance of electrical circuits. This can be done with the use of a tester or oscilloscope.
In a previous article, we covered the fundamentals of the Shock Pulse Tester. Let’s talk about how to use a shock pulse tester in this article.
SPT’s many activities include:
(A) RPM AND SHAFT DIAMETER SETTINGS:
Select BEARING TEST using the SPM/VIB key. To input the rpm and diameter, hit the set key. Take the following steps to get started:-
I Press the set key once more to place the cursor in the first position in the RPM line.
(ii) Enter a number value by using the UP and DOWN keys.
(iii) To move the cursor location for inputting the next number, press both the UP and DOWN keys at the same time, then finish the rpm data.
(iv) Press the SET key to change the cursor from the rpm to the diameter line. To input the diameter value, repeat steps (ii) and (iii).
(v) Now press the SET KEY to get the dBi value.
(vi) The instrument is ready to take a reading of the normalized shock value.
(B) READING THE SHOCK PULSE:
NORMALIZED READING (a)
I Enter the dBi value into the Shock Pulse Tester.
(ii) Attach the SPT probe to the bearing case as near to the bearing as feasible.
(iii) To take the reading, press the key “M.”
(iv) After the dBm and dBc values have been shown, proceed to the peak reading measurement.
(v) Use the up and down keys to obtain a peak indicator flash for peak reading measurement.
(vi) Now, keep pressing the up/down keys to obtain a potential delayed flash that indicates the bearing’s peak shock, and record this value.
(vii) Pay attention to the arrows indicating whether condition scale is GOOD, CAUTION, or BAD, as represented by GREEN (0-20dBn), YELLOW (21-35dBn), and RED (>35dBn).
(c) OUT-OF-THE-BOX READING:
I There is no need to program with the dBi value.
(ii) Measure straightaway without inputting rpm or diameter using the Shock Pulse Tester.
(iii) Absolute shock value dBsv will be detected in dBm or dBc readings.
(iv) This time there will be no arrow indicator.
Note that dBsv-dBi=dBn, implying that a measurement recorded in normalized scale (dBn) has a lower value when measured in unnormalized scale by a factor of dBi (dBsv ).
(C) APPROPRIATE READING:
- After taking a reading on a normalized or unnormalized scale, the spm moves on to the peak reading.
- Keep an eye on the display for the dbm and dbc values.
- Now use the up/down arrow key and look for another dbm reading in the brackets ().
- When the peak indicator light starts blinking, use the up/down key to go to a scenario.
- When the led continues to light, try lowering the flashing rate; compare the two dbm readings; they should be near enough.
- Take a look at the dbm reading. This should be recorded as the bearing’s real maximum shock.
TACHO READING (D) TACHO READING:
- Connect the tacho probe to the Shock Pulse Tester’s tacho connection.
- The system now switches to the tachogenarator function automatically.
- When you press the M key, a led light beam is emitted, and you may aim it towards a reflective tape attached to a rotating machine.
- Keep an eye on the rpm on the display.
- A battery test should be performed before before the test.
- For an accurate reading, the transducer should be positioned at the bearing’s closest point.
I hope you now have a basic understanding of how to use a shock pulse meter.
The shock pulse rate is a function of the Shock Pulse tester. It’s used to measure the pressure and time it takes for a shock pulse to reach its target.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you shock a pulse meter?
How does shock pulse monitoring work?
Shock pulse monitoring is the process of measuring and recording the electrical activity in your heart.
How do you measure SPM?
SPM is a unit of measure for speed in the sport of track and field. It stands for meters per second, which is the distance traveled by a runner or jumper in one second.
- shock pulse method pdf
- shock pulse monitoring
- vibration analysis vs shock pulse measurement
- shock pulse meter price
- shock pulse meter 43a manual